An Exhibition of paintings by Helen Brown and Anna Martin
19 April to 13 May 2011
Helen Brown; I have selected these images from my visits to Andalucia in Spain. The Andalucian landscape is one of dry, hot semi dessert conditions. The aroma of the thyme and rosemary bushes with the pomegranate flowers , and the sounds of the music of De Falla who transposed folk Coplas into such sublime music, provide a wonderful stimulating environment to paint.
Anna Martin studied at the Chelsea School of Art in London, and Parsons School of Design in New York followed by many years working in Madrid in the fields of publishing and advertising. “My work is about expressing colour and emotion, rhythm and dynamics. My paintings are aimed at transformation and eliciting unconscious responses in the viewer. I aim to capture the essence of the subject giving more intensity through working unconsciously, often on several paintings at a time and this results in a unique approach for each painting. My subjects are varied as this keeps the creative momentum going. “
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Food for Thought
Worldly Wicked and Wise
Become a Member
Members are entitled to the following benefits:
1) Membership of a lively, artistic community.
2) Opportunity to submit artwork for three Open shows a a year.
3) Invitations to exhibition previews, gallery talks, workshops and social events.
4) Information on art events and other opportunities.
5) 20% discount on framing at Wordly, Wicked and Wise. 6) 10% discount on art materials at Tannas.
7) 10% discount on hot and cold drinks at Food for Thought.
We are inviting already established or emerging Curators to organise shows for 2013. Please check the space availability under the Exhibitions page. If you are interested, please contact Joanna for further details.