Work, rest and play could perhaps be a very simple and succinct way to describe the way human beings live their lives. To be able to work, rest and play conveys a modern interest in being able to maintain a balanced lifestyle. It is also this years GCSE Exam theme. This is starting point for looking at the work of talented GCSE and A’ level students at Queens Park Community School. This work has been completed over the last two years using a wide variety of materials, including collage, woodblock printing and oil painting.
The students looked at a diverse range of influences including visits to other countries and workshops in school, photographing their homes, exploring how the world sees them. They explored cultural identity and symbolism through print workshops and painting.
1) Membership of a lively, artistic community.
2) Opportunity to submit artwork for three Open shows a a year.
3) Invitations to exhibition previews, gallery talks, workshops and social events.
4) Information on art events and other opportunities.
5) 20% discount on framing at Wordly, Wicked and Wise. 6) 10% discount on art materials at Tannas.
7) 10% discount on hot and cold drinks at Food for Thought.
We are inviting already established or emerging Curators to organise shows for 2013. Please check the space availability under the Exhibitions page. If you are interested, please contact Joanna for further details.